Platelet-rich plasma, also known as PRP, is a cutting-edge procedure performed in-office where the patient’s own blood plasma is enriched with platelets to treat a variety of concerns.
Science behind PRP
As part of the body’s healing ability, platelets and other components in human blood migrate to the point of care. Platelets release numerous growth factors that respond to tissue injury and initiate and promote healing. Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) is optimally concentrated with minimal amounts of red and white blood cells. PRP has been safely used in hundreds of thousands of procedures worldwide.
What happens during a PRP treatment?
- During a short office visit, a small amount of your blood is drawn into a vacuum collection tube containing a separating gel.
- The tube is placed into a centrifuge and spun to isolate the PRP.
- The red and white blood cells are displaced from the PRP and are located at the bottom of the collection tube.
- The PRP that remains on top is ready for clinical use. In some cases PRP is applied topically, in other cases it is injected.
Features and Benefits
PRP procedures take less than 30 minutes. Only a small volume of blood is required. There are no foreign components, which eliminates the risk of adverse reactions. This procedure is FDA-cleared.
- Improves the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles (can be injected or used topically)
- Improves skin texture, tone, and overall quality
- Encourages hair growth for individuals with hair loss disorders (a series of treatments recommended)
- Scar revision
Before and After Photos of PRP for Hair Loss
If you have questions about our PRP Scalp treatment, or would like to schedule a consultation, call Innova Aesthetics at +92 321 5428888, or complete the following form to request your PRP Scalp consultation today!